So I finally did it!
Christyn unintentionally persuaded me.
So Im sitting here in the TRiO/Leadership Computer Lab thinking about all the things I could or actually should be doing. Im also thinking long and hard about this convo I just had with Gebann.... Theres a million things I can write about so I've finally decided to put up a poem I posted on FB.
Im actually really excited about it because I'm trying to get my friend Marcus to draw a picture that emulates the concept & than we're going to submit it into the Creative License which is the GPC literary magazine.
Well Here it is....
Game of Life
If only things were as easy as a game
Click what you need to get done,
Follow the steps necessary to get from point A to point B.
Fail one time, and you keep trying until you succeed to reach the next level.
The journeys not what matters, only completing the goal at the end of the day
Sounds fun, doesn't it?
Unfortunately nothing is as easy
As much as we might wish and hope for a simplistic way of living.
We Cant.
Feelings and emotions are attached to everything
Can't get from point A to Z without the obstacles that come with every letter in between
The destination might be the ultimate reward but
it doesn't nearly compare to the process
to achieve it
There's nothing new under the sun
And there's no restarting the level, or
having a checkpoint to go back to
just in case you lose all your lives
When the games over,
you're finish in this realm.
Than judgment determines your
fate forever...
Christyn unintentionally persuaded me.
So Im sitting here in the TRiO/Leadership Computer Lab thinking about all the things I could or actually should be doing. Im also thinking long and hard about this convo I just had with Gebann.... Theres a million things I can write about so I've finally decided to put up a poem I posted on FB.
Im actually really excited about it because I'm trying to get my friend Marcus to draw a picture that emulates the concept & than we're going to submit it into the Creative License which is the GPC literary magazine.
Well Here it is....
Game of Life
If only things were as easy as a game
Click what you need to get done,
Follow the steps necessary to get from point A to point B.
Fail one time, and you keep trying until you succeed to reach the next level.
The journeys not what matters, only completing the goal at the end of the day
Sounds fun, doesn't it?
Unfortunately nothing is as easy
As much as we might wish and hope for a simplistic way of living.
We Cant.
Feelings and emotions are attached to everything
Can't get from point A to Z without the obstacles that come with every letter in between
The destination might be the ultimate reward but
it doesn't nearly compare to the process
to achieve it
There's nothing new under the sun
And there's no restarting the level, or
having a checkpoint to go back to
just in case you lose all your lives
When the games over,
you're finish in this realm.
Than judgment determines your
fate forever...
