So in order to be productive for the next 45min I'm going to elaborate on my speech for class tomorrow
So My speech is on my favorite sport
The only team I have ever been a part of.
Here's an overview of the things I play on taking about
- A bout is the name of the a game each fencer plays
- The bouts are performed on a strip or a piste.
- In fencing the main object of the bout is to gain more points than your opponent with your weapon.
- You gain points from touching or striking your opponent.
- Electric sensors attached to the fencer's uniform detect the touch. Each touch= a point
- There are three type of weapons; Foil, Epee, & Sabre
- Depending on the type of weapon/game you play there are zones you are only allowed to touch. The game I used to play & will be talking about in my speech only allows touches to the torso, but with the épée touches are allowed anywhere.
- If two fencers score a point at the same time right of way determines who gets the point.
- The referee figures out who had the right of way by determining who was attacking and who was defending. The attacker gains the point in that instance, since he or she had. You often attack when you parry with your foil.
- In the game I played 5 touches are required to win a bout. 15 point total within each fencing level.
Theres s bunch of other info i would love to provide you with but I really need to buckle down & get my speech done.
All Nighter
Peace!
Comments
Post a Comment