My day today was like a parabola with a maximum.
Started off going up but ended up going down a lot faster than it went up.
If you know me personally, you now I am a bit of a drama queen, it's really who I am.
Now I actually have to not be myself when I get to the place where I spend the most time on campus.
Sad, isnt it? Tired of being smothered, but don't think others should have to suffer because of my personality so "UN-nique me" has to be around more often.
After my Health class Joy & I had a very interesting convo after I told her the story about how I felt offended by the Indian girl who needed help finding the library the other day. I learned something "Never talk to Indian girls because they think American women are the devil"
Ain't that something!! TUUHH!
SO apparently since we're more free, outspoken, open to doing new things, not tied down to a man ect. they are not allowed to socialize with "us" because we might mess up their values? After that shocker, we had another convo about how some people act differently around her because she's white. So they 'whiten' themselves (speaking proper, more uptight and reserved) compared to when they are with they're race of friends (they can be loud, obnoxious, laid-back, and 'ghetto')
That might be true with some of her friends, but I'm not one of them.
I'm naturally an oreo. I'm very eloquent and outspoken. I know there's a time to joke around & there's a time for business. Don't believe I should change into my business persona just because of your skin complexion or race. Just Saying.
But after I realize I had no class today I got to go on an adventure with two of my natural hair divas (Kahlia & Jasmine) to the Chinese food store (sorta, kinda) across the street from school. I got to be my YOU-nique self again so everything was cool. We got to sit outside and chat a little over food.
(this is the climax)
SO I ended up late for class
A test at that
went blank, & didn't get to finish
almost ran into the same creepy bike guy.
Overwhelmed with so many projects
Two group health projects
a Public speaking informative speech
back to back MML HW
Two (long) short stories to read
a book Ive been anticipating on reading for leisure since I love the author
Then I hade life to deal with on top of that
*PANTING*
I need a really good prayer right now
(& to work on my speech due in two days)
Started off going up but ended up going down a lot faster than it went up.
If you know me personally, you now I am a bit of a drama queen, it's really who I am.
Now I actually have to not be myself when I get to the place where I spend the most time on campus.
Sad, isnt it? Tired of being smothered, but don't think others should have to suffer because of my personality so "UN-nique me" has to be around more often.
After my Health class Joy & I had a very interesting convo after I told her the story about how I felt offended by the Indian girl who needed help finding the library the other day. I learned something "Never talk to Indian girls because they think American women are the devil"
Ain't that something!! TUUHH!
SO apparently since we're more free, outspoken, open to doing new things, not tied down to a man ect. they are not allowed to socialize with "us" because we might mess up their values? After that shocker, we had another convo about how some people act differently around her because she's white. So they 'whiten' themselves (speaking proper, more uptight and reserved) compared to when they are with they're race of friends (they can be loud, obnoxious, laid-back, and 'ghetto')
That might be true with some of her friends, but I'm not one of them.
I'm naturally an oreo. I'm very eloquent and outspoken. I know there's a time to joke around & there's a time for business. Don't believe I should change into my business persona just because of your skin complexion or race. Just Saying.
But after I realize I had no class today I got to go on an adventure with two of my natural hair divas (Kahlia & Jasmine) to the Chinese food store (sorta, kinda) across the street from school. I got to be my YOU-nique self again so everything was cool. We got to sit outside and chat a little over food.
(this is the climax)
SO I ended up late for class
A test at that
went blank, & didn't get to finish
almost ran into the same creepy bike guy.
Overwhelmed with so many projects
Two group health projects
a Public speaking informative speech
back to back MML HW
Two (long) short stories to read
a book Ive been anticipating on reading for leisure since I love the author
Then I hade life to deal with on top of that
*PANTING*
I need a really good prayer right now
(& to work on my speech due in two days)
Comments
Post a Comment