Some Good News & Some Bad News CON'T


So Saturday morning I woke up a little late, but it was all good.
Went to Christyn's Church sevice
which was amazing btw
great message

I met some really nice people and bragged a little at my assistance in Christyn winning =D
So after church,  I went home and then went to get my hair done

Remind you Im going though this naptural process,
So I've been resisting the urges to just run to a salon scream

"YOU! LADY WITH THE COMB! YES YOU! TOUCH UP! HERE! NOW!
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR, BEGIN TOUCHING UP ASAP!?!"

So, yeah. After taking out my kinky twist I went through a very difficult period where I wanted to just hot comb my entire head! Just get rid of the new growth because it was driving me crazy with how hard it was to get a comb through it, and if frustrated me the way everything was straight after I blow-dried but underneath the straight I had a mini fro towards my scalp!
 
At first I was like, 'its watever, my hairs not even that important. Im not going to prom it's just homecoming & I have a bf so Its not like Im trying to pick up a shordy, so my hairs not that important but I figured I might as well not just for homecoming but that way it can be manageable for as long as it can last. So I go to this hair salon that I went to last summer with my aunt. It was an African American hair salon and the lady who had done my hair that day gave me a nice trim (meaning she didnt get scissor happy and cut off all and unneccesary hair) and she made my hair look TTOOO CUTEE!!
I felt like one of those Extreme Makeover girls. Immediately went to their bathroom & took a pik.
Oh yeahh! I have it posted on my facebook brb (signs in on FB, go to album, click, save, upload)
Yes so I was so proud & it was De Javu when I went to this salon. The lady who did it last time wasnt there, but I met another beautician named Stacy, we laughed about The Parkers since that was the show on tv, we talked about my hair, how dispite the rumors that the blowdrier actially does not damage hair (only Dominicans & their special crazy heat driers do), she told me that my hair is not nappy, its pretty healthy, and that its important to constantly moisturize my hair. Natural + Dry Scalp= Not Good. A little while longer we're talking and I discover that she used to go to GPC as well. So we had this little connection.
So my hot mess became a tamed creation :D
If you saw/felt my hair you would understand why I saw this as a transformation, but anway.

So I leave and head to Queenesha's house with my dress, makeup, jewelery ect.
I get to her house and her friend is doing her hair and its about 8pm at this point.
She finally finishes her hair, gives her these CoverGirl model eye lashes and than she departs leaving Queen to get ready which seemed to take forever.
So 9:30ish we're both ready.
Become Camera hores for like 10min and than finally leave to her friend playing Beyonce's -Run the World (Girls)
So we depart and get to Atlanta, she drops some backs at the hotel she was planning to stay the night in since it has her change of clothes for an after party. Fast forward, we get to the Omni all fashionably late and cant find anyone we know or recognize. Shortly after we find a place to pop a squat they turn up the lights, clear the dance floor and make the announcement for GPC's Homecoming King & Queen for each campus. I spot Christyn and start snapping pictures like shes at a fashion show (she did  look amazing & elegant btw)
fast forward agian. Not guna get into details but just breifly describe the end of the night. So guy asks Christyn to dance, doesnt work out to well, we get other campus homecoming king's digits, save her from awkwardness by dancing. Have a seat everytime an unknown ghetto song comes on. 11:45 comes and she has to go. *sad face* :(
Find Queenesha, Summer & Stephanie. begin dancing with them. And here comes the best part
Like if this didn happen it would have sucked for me and I would of said to myself this dance was no better than my prom which wasn't as great as I wished it was but yeah. So Queen decides to sit and Summer & Stephanie are lost in the crowd. So Im in the middle of the crowd just doing a basic 2-step by myself until they play a bunch of old school song, and I mean Poison- Bell Biv Devoe, This is How We Do It- Montell Jordan, ect. So I start busting out some old school moves, all of a sudden I start hearing Summer & Steph behind me start chanting "Go Tot! Go Tot! Go Tot!" So Im getting it, and all of a sudden a small circle begins to form around me, I start switching it up, and than got some random dude to do the Kid 'n Play move with me.


It was fun while it lasted. They started playing other songs I didnt know, so that was my cue to sit down. Just sat down the rest of the night til it was over. Got Queens stuff from the hotel room (There was no after party) we had to walk back to my car in the extremely windy weather and I had to keep my eyes open as I drove us to my house where we went to sleep at around 2am.
The End. So that was my homecoming.

Comments