Kings & Things Natural (My Hairology)

So, I pulled an all-nighter =/Mainly because I took a nap after I came home from work. I was supposed to be productive during these wee-hours of the night but went back & forth between Facebook, French HW, Youtube, google, iCollege, & other different websites. One thing I love doing when I have down time is looking at different natural hair websited & videos. I saw alot of amazing & fascinating things, learned a good bit too. Theres a hand-full of things I want to add to my to-do/to-try list lol. I did watch these two videos that intruiged & inspired me. One  was from this website (http://knottinikki.com/2012/04/03/akinas-big-chop/)where a mother showed her daughter leading up to the big chop. I kind of envied her daughter Akina because she was young with beautiful long hair & her big chop caused her hair to go from her back down to her shoulders, not to (almost) bald like most or me. I loved it though! She looked great, I was really wishing I had a Mom like her to be able to do all those things and support her and even push her to make that decisions especially at such a young age.

Another girl was similar to me http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhhGIzVgaOMHer big chopped looked amazing though! Too cute! But she had that 3B kinda hair, natural baby hairs, like the ligth skinned Claire from My Wife & Kids.Too bad my cut looked nothing like hers. I like my hair & all,  sometimes I just wish there were a few things here & there I could change. Anywho, I just wana give a little glimpse of the process and the road I've traveled.
As A Baby

Still Young

My 8th Birthday
Cute & Permed

Loved my Straigh, Short, Permed Hair

Continued Loving my Hair
But grew fustrated that it wouldnt grow longer

Between 16-17 I started styling it more to take the stress away from what ever I was doing

Got to a point where I didnt know what to do with it

Rocked Weave for a while at Age 18

After Weave I rocked spiral curls

And more curls, Only problem is after the curls dropped I ended up with tangled knoted hair.
My hair also got really damaged over the summer because I spent a lot of time in the swimming pool and not using the correct products to replenish the hair from the damage being done.

and my friend ptolemy was not there to aid in the process. geez that was my fault becuase he is the ultimate hair giru)


(Dont mind that, my crazy friend had hacked my blog momentarily)
Still getting perms, but not as often & washing my hair at home more often.

I treid spending less time perms, extending the periods between in order to give my hair a chance to grow more
It truly went down hill from there. It looked fine on the outside but damaged on the inside.
At that point, I decided to go Natural. Braided it as much as possible to keep it out of my hands.
Went back to my curls other times

Even got it straightened for homecoming

Tried More of a braid, Unbraid, wavy hair look. But that made it worse.
That was pretty much my breaking point.
After I had the Epic Bad Hair Days of All Bad hair days.
 Had a bald spot/patch. So it was really sad
.
Thats when the big-chop came.
To be honest with you, it was unintentional.
It wasnt even supposed to happen at all, the hairdresser actually misunderstood me, but I don't regret that it happened.
I can honestly say I hated it at first. Didnt want to look at myself in the mirror most times.
Until I found a lot of people who raised my spirits, gave me positive feedback,
& made me feel like the beautiful young lady I was.
So I picked myself up & told myself "If you want to feel beautiful, you've got to be beautiful & make yourself into who you want to see" So thats what I did. Changed my wardrobe a lil, bought some lipstick, Pierced my ears, & looked myself in the eyes and said "Like what you see?"
I embraced it & said outloud
This Is Me


Im so proud of Me
Natural As of - 09/17/11
Big Chop- 1/17/12
Today 4/17/12


Comments