So homecoming week has began and now I am really wishing that I ran last year instead. Its pretty crazy and off how theyre doing things this time but oh-well I guess. So I am counting down the days until the dance when I found out who gets crowned. Deep in my heart I am truly hoping that I win. I worked so hard in my campaigning, I admit I could have done better but I put my best-foot forward at the moment and still made things happen so Im good. So its weird that homecoming campaigning and voting only lasted a week. It was the week before homecoming week. All candidates are encouraged to volonteer/attend homecoming events (makes no sense in getting your name out there when campaigning is over) All Candidates are introduced at the game and the court is announced after homecoming week. Makes me think "Now What" I became homecoming Queen to have 20 seconds of face at the Westin Hotel! They did it 1000x better last year. I truly miss the old student life director Ms.Avery. She was soo fashionable, so gorgeous, so much more lively and she made things happen! Im also slightly dissapointed because I gave my speech a last week which I worked pretty hard on perfecting and I asked an SGA member to record me and heres what he got.
Despite it all I still want this!!
So I need to make sure I drop my dress off at the dry-cleaners, Get my nails done on Friday before the homecoming game, my afro straightened for the first time on Saturday morning and dress rehearsal at 6 with the announcement of Homecoming court for all campuses announced at 10. WHEW!! Wish me luck.
Today I watched the mini campus parade and volunteered for the dinner & magic show which was pretty cool!
Now for the throwback of the day.
In honor of the phenomenal and irreplaceable Whitney Houston
R.I.P.
Comments
Post a Comment