So school started last week and I feel like I forgot to strap myself in for the ride!
Im taking five classes 2 days a week and its pretty hectic but I think I'm off to a good start.
I worked really hard in chooseing my classes and professors so I am positive that despite the challenges, this will be a great semester for me. I'll bring my GPA back up to a 3.5 and I'll leave GPC knowing I took some beneficial courses with professors who love what they do and share their passion with me.
So this is what my schedule is looking like....
So as you can see, it is pretty insense, especially my Tuesdays when I have classes from 10 until 10
but on the bright side, I have a great professor and after this, one more semester before I graduate with my Associates degree.
My relationship continues to boggle my mind. Sometimes I feel like I'm forcing myself to make it work just so I don't a mistake or decision I haven't thought out thoroughly. There's really no big major issues, I'm just learning things that I can and cant tolerate. I remember learning in psychology class about a theory that states that people tend to look for qualities in their spouse that relate to their parent of the opposite sex... and I thought, "hhmmm, thats interesting. I don't think I do that" but my relationship right now is starting to show me things in my boyfriend that remind me of my father. Now me personally, I dont think I subconsciously am dating this man becasue of that, especially because a lot of these traits and qualities are things I discovered after going out, but it is just strange to me. In a way, I think I might end up pushing him away because of that rather than embracing it. It could be because most of the qualities are not exactly positive, or it could just be because it is a little creepy... I dont know but, at this point Im just trying to make it work...
A big reason why Im trying to make it work is because he is truly an amazing man. He's funny, loving, romantic, and passionate. He does so much to make me happy even though I don't require any of it. Providing is a big thing for him and I love and hate it about it. When I talk he listens, especially when it comes to my bucket list. We've talked about a lot of plans to do things too.
The most recent plan is for valentines day. He's trying to make arrangements to take me on a cruise!
I dont know how it would work if I did go, but it sounds so fun! Im trying to convince him to make the plans for spring break instead though.
With school and work at TJ Maxx I've been just trying to juggle them all. The school job as a star leader has truly been looking up for me. I realized that this was a great job for me when students would see me and say hey, asking me for advice or for directions.
One girl called me an angel from above when I went out of my way to help her clarify some things on her schedule and meet with an academic adviser. If I lived for anything, it would be those exact moments. I love it! I have such a strong desire to help people and through them was a great way. We dont work throughout the school year very much but here and there they find things for us to do.
A friend of mine was telling me that his mom is the hiring manager at a hotel neat where I live so Im REALLY hoping I can get a connect there because that is experience I definitely want to be involved in.
This morning I also had a "family meeting" with the people in my household and it was brought to the table that the relationship I have with my Mother needs to be fixed... so that is something I am definitely going to pray about
Well I start work soon so I must go.
To end I would like to share a lovely video with you.
Im taking five classes 2 days a week and its pretty hectic but I think I'm off to a good start.
I worked really hard in chooseing my classes and professors so I am positive that despite the challenges, this will be a great semester for me. I'll bring my GPA back up to a 3.5 and I'll leave GPC knowing I took some beneficial courses with professors who love what they do and share their passion with me.
So this is what my schedule is looking like....
So as you can see, it is pretty insense, especially my Tuesdays when I have classes from 10 until 10
but on the bright side, I have a great professor and after this, one more semester before I graduate with my Associates degree.
My relationship continues to boggle my mind. Sometimes I feel like I'm forcing myself to make it work just so I don't a mistake or decision I haven't thought out thoroughly. There's really no big major issues, I'm just learning things that I can and cant tolerate. I remember learning in psychology class about a theory that states that people tend to look for qualities in their spouse that relate to their parent of the opposite sex... and I thought, "hhmmm, thats interesting. I don't think I do that" but my relationship right now is starting to show me things in my boyfriend that remind me of my father. Now me personally, I dont think I subconsciously am dating this man becasue of that, especially because a lot of these traits and qualities are things I discovered after going out, but it is just strange to me. In a way, I think I might end up pushing him away because of that rather than embracing it. It could be because most of the qualities are not exactly positive, or it could just be because it is a little creepy... I dont know but, at this point Im just trying to make it work...
A big reason why Im trying to make it work is because he is truly an amazing man. He's funny, loving, romantic, and passionate. He does so much to make me happy even though I don't require any of it. Providing is a big thing for him and I love and hate it about it. When I talk he listens, especially when it comes to my bucket list. We've talked about a lot of plans to do things too.
The most recent plan is for valentines day. He's trying to make arrangements to take me on a cruise!
I dont know how it would work if I did go, but it sounds so fun! Im trying to convince him to make the plans for spring break instead though.
With school and work at TJ Maxx I've been just trying to juggle them all. The school job as a star leader has truly been looking up for me. I realized that this was a great job for me when students would see me and say hey, asking me for advice or for directions.
One girl called me an angel from above when I went out of my way to help her clarify some things on her schedule and meet with an academic adviser. If I lived for anything, it would be those exact moments. I love it! I have such a strong desire to help people and through them was a great way. We dont work throughout the school year very much but here and there they find things for us to do.
A friend of mine was telling me that his mom is the hiring manager at a hotel neat where I live so Im REALLY hoping I can get a connect there because that is experience I definitely want to be involved in.
This morning I also had a "family meeting" with the people in my household and it was brought to the table that the relationship I have with my Mother needs to be fixed... so that is something I am definitely going to pray about
Well I start work soon so I must go.
To end I would like to share a lovely video with you.





Comments
Post a Comment